Can't commit to a full workout regime or highly restrictive diet? You don't need to.

Health and wellness come not from a magic pill, diet, or program, but from gradually transforming your current lifestyle into a healthy one, day by day.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Tip #70: Try a Lunch Time Workout

I am a huge fan of lunch time workouts.  I kind of have no choice most days, but nonetheless, I like them.  On the days that I do a "lunch time workout", I eat a snack around 10am, run on the treadmill around 12:30pm (while my kiddos are napping), and then have another big snack after my run.  It works out great for my lifestyle and thankfully I have that option.  Many of you can also do this with your job.  There are studies that prove that people who exercise during their workday, have better productivity!  Here are some perks to a mid-day workout:

1.  Provides you with a surge of energy and renewal, smack dab in the middle of your day (when you're usually fading...).
2.  Prevents a high calorie or overindulgent lunch.
3.  Saves you money on pricey lunches!
4.  Easier to stick to than a late evening workout. (for me at least!)
5.  Scheduling workouts into your day, makes exercise part of your day, instead of something tacked on to the end of it.  This is beneficial for long-term maintenance of your health.
6.  If you workout in the middle of the day, you're more likely to make healthier food choices throughout your entire day!  (Tip #65: Health feeds Health)

Go ahead, give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment