Can't commit to a full workout regime or highly restrictive diet? You don't need to.

Health and wellness come not from a magic pill, diet, or program, but from gradually transforming your current lifestyle into a healthy one, day by day.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tip #69: Stand up & save time

Weird tip, I know.  Let me explain.  One of the most common excuses people use for not exercising is that they don't have time.  One of the biggest time wasters, is surfing the internet.  You may hop on the internet intending only to check your email, but before you know it you're on Facebook browsing through Aunt Sally's 84 pictures from her beach trip, and checking out the wedding pictures of the girl who sat behind you in Chemistry class in High School.  Without even realizing it, an entire hour has flown by...and been wasted.

A very practical (and perhaps oddball) thing that I do?  I try to keep my computer on my kitchen counter, and when I need to check my email, I check it while standing up.  I know it sounds silly, but it really helps, because you're a lot less likely to continue to browse around and waste time while standing up.  Once I get my computer and a comfy spot on the couch, it's over.

There is certainly nothing wrong with relaxing on the couch, doing your social network thing.  Just watch yourself, and make sure you're not cheating the other priorities in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment