Can't commit to a full workout regime or highly restrictive diet? You don't need to.

Health and wellness come not from a magic pill, diet, or program, but from gradually transforming your current lifestyle into a healthy one, day by day.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Tip #54: Bake and Release!

I come from a long line of excellent bakers.  Bakers of cakes, pies, breads, and especially cookies!  In fact, my mom may make the best cookies in the universe.  She passed this trade on to me, and I can make some pretty darn good treats myself.  The problem is, once I've baked 3 dozen cookies, and after a few have been eaten, they continue to stick around my kitchen; beckoning me..."Sara, Sara...just eat 2 more; c'mon, I'm your favorite."  Seriously, they talk to me.  I'm sure of it.

So, in my attempt to enjoy a treat without gaining 5 pounds in one day, I've come up with a concept; Bake and Release.  When you bake a cake, a batch of cookies, or any other treat, keep a few for you and/or your family to enjoy, and then pass the rest on.  Giving a few treats to another person or family can really make someone's day.  Just remember not to give them too many--you need to care about the health of others also!  Bless a few people if you have enough to go around.  With this plan, you can enjoy your favorite treats, IN MODERATION, and at the same time brighten somebody else's day, by showing them you care.  As a mother of 3 children ages 6 and under, the wife of a pastor, a part-time personal trainer, and a blogger, I'm always a fan of multi-tasking!  Caring for my health, and caring for others at the same time; sounds like a good deal to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment