Can't commit to a full workout regime or highly restrictive diet? You don't need to.

Health and wellness come not from a magic pill, diet, or program, but from gradually transforming your current lifestyle into a healthy one, day by day.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Tip #6: Have two "meat-less" days this week

Now, before I explain, let me just tell you that I love meat. Sometimes a nice juicy steak is just what I crave. That red meat (beef, pork, lamb) gives me important protein and iron that my body needs. However, according to the American Heart Association, too much red meat can do a body bad.

Red meat has more cholesterol and saturated (bad) fat then chicken and fish. Try getting some of your protein this week from some non-red meat sources. Chicken, fish, beans and nuts are great alternate sources of protein.

Think outside the box for a couple of days this week, and see what meat-less meals you can come up with.

Here is one of my favorite ways to eat fish:

Scampi Tilapia


Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Put 12 oz of thawed/fresh tilapia fillets into a greased baking dish

Combine following:
-1/4 cup melted butter
-3 cloves of garlic (or minced garlic)
-2T lemon juice
-parsley

Pour mixture over the fish and season with salt and pepper
Bake for 15-20 minutes

Enjoy your fish, chicken, beans and nuts this week!

1 comment:

  1. I can do this! I don't care for meat much and love fish! Thanks Sara!

    ReplyDelete